The Jim Hamm Pond Nature Area, located at 17th Avenue and County Road 1, is in the final phase of development and will include all amenities noted on the 1998 Jim Hamm Pond Master Plan with some additions and modifications.
Phase 3 includes the following amenities:
- Bird Pergola with interpretive panels
- Bird Blind
- Viewing area with a raised bench
- Trail along 17th Avenue
- Natural play area
- Landscaping and limited irrigation
- The Construction Project has been awarded to Colorado Designscapes, Inc., and work is still underway.
- FOR YOUR SAFETY - please stay off trails and out of the park throughout the construction period. Closures will occur to protect your safety.
- Restrooms will remain closed and the south parking lot will be closed for further construction.
We hope you discover and enjoy some of Longmont's other wonderful park areas until this project is complete. We appreciate your cooperation!
The project is currently in the construction phase.
April - August 2014
This project is primarily funded by the City's Open Space Bond Fund with partial funding from the Water Operating Fund.
Plans & Reports
- 1998 Master Plan
- Phase 3 Master Plan Work - please note that this plan is conceptual in nature and is intended to show phase 3 program elements in their general location only. This is not the construction plan.
Project Manager: Kim Shugar - (303) 651-8992 - 7 S. Sunset St., Longmont, CO 80504
Project Location: 1701 E. County Line Road