We offer curbside, single-stream recycling to single-family and multi-family customers.
Your recyclables will be picked up every other week, and your recycling day depends on your address. View our Collection Schedule and Map to determine your trash and recycling pick-up schedule.
Please have your recyclables container at the curb by 7 am on your scheduled collection day.
Trash and recycling collection is not provided on; Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Trash and recycling services will be provided the day after a holiday. This means is that if your collection day falls on one of these holidays, trash and recyclables will be collected one day later.
Each City residential customer is provided with a container for recycling, which is gray with a blue lid. This container is specially-designed for use with our automated collection system. The lightweight and easy to move 96-gallon containers are resilient and will not corrode, deteriorate or rust. The specially-designed recycling container easily handles a family’s recycling needs.
Note: Please, do not put your recyclables in any plastic bags when you put them in the container.
Single Stream Recycling
- Single Stream Recycling programs allow you to place all your recyclable items into one co-mingled container.
- You do not need to sort out different kinds of recyclables into different containers.
Our one-page Single-Stream Recycling Guide illustrates all the kinds of things that you can put in your blue-topped recycling bin. Print it out and keep a copy handy!
- Magazines, brochures & catalogs
- White or pastel office paper
- Newspapers & inserts
- Phone books
- File folders
- Blue prints
- Paper egg cartons
- Paperboard boxes (such as cereal boxes)
- Cardboard boxes (PLEASE FLATTEN)
- Opened mail and greeting cards
- Paperback books
- Empty aerosol cans (NO CAPS)
- Paper milk/juice cartons (NO FOIL POUCHES)
- Loose metal jar lids and steel bottle caps
- Clean, balled aluminum foil (2” or larger) and pie pans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Cans (DO NOT CRUSH OR FLATTEN)
- #1-7 Plastic tubs and screw top jars (NO LIDS, NO #7 PLA COMPOSTABLES; DO NOT FLATTEN)
- #1-7 Plastic bottles and jugs (NO LIDS, NO #7 PLA COMPOSTABLES; DO NOT FLATTEN)
- No need to remove: paper clips, stamps, address labels, staples, tape, wire, metal fasteners, rubber bands, spiral bindings, or plastic tabs
- Please flatten and fold all large and bulky cardboard boxes so they fit inside your container.
- Additional bulky cardboard can also be taken to the Waste Diversion Center for recycling, free of charge.
Items NOT Accepted
Below is a list of items not accepted in your curbside recycling container. We do offer alternative disposal solutions for many of these items through Special Services & Events and the Waste Diversion Center.
- Plastic bags
- Plastic lids & caps
- Shredded paper
- Hard-back books
- Scrap metal
- Tyvek® envelopes
- Plastic 6-pack holders
- Needles or syringes
- Paper ream wrappers
- Plastic microwave trays
- Frozen food, ice cream or frozen juice containers
- Mirrors, ceramics or Pyrex®
- Light bulbs, plates or vases
- Drinking glasses, window glass
- Hazardous or bio-hazardous waste
- Plastics other than those listed
- Tissues, paper towels, napkins
- Waxed paper or waxed cardboard
- Stickers or sheets of address labels (affixed address labels and stamps ok)
- Kraft® (orange/brown) envelopes
- Styrofoam® or paper to-go containers