The City of Longmont offers four-cubic-yard dumpster rentals for residential use. Residents can rent a dumpster for 7 days. Dumpsters are always dropped off on Thursday and picked up the following Thursday. The dumpsters measure about 5’ wide x 6’ long x 4’ tall.
Items Not Accepted
- Landscaping materials, including dirt, rock, sod, and railroad ties
- Construction materials, including concrete, bricks, shingles, drywall, plaster, tile, lumber over 3’ in length, and paint
- Cars or car parts, including tires
- Hazardous materials
- Electronics, such as televisions, computers, air conditioners, refrigerators and other large appliances
- Ashes, liquids, and oils
Please do not overfill the dumpster; lids must be closed at collection.
Reservation & Fees
- Please contact Trash & Recycling to reserve a dumpster.
- The cost is $165 and is applied to your utility bill.
Additional Disposal Resources
City of Longmont
- Free Landfill Days
- Hard to Recycle Days
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Large Item Collection
- Waste Diversion Center