Recreation Center Supervisor
E-mail Ben Wagner
The Longmont Recreation Center is a one-stop recreation facility offering an indoor running track, weight room with free weights and selectorized machines, cardio equipment and aerobics room, multi-court gymnasium, climbing wall, classroom/party room and game room, lap pool (6 lanes, 25 yards), leisure pool with waterslides, lazy river, and interactive play features, café and baby sitting, and steam and dry saunas and spa.
No membership is required: our facility is open to both residents of Longmont and non-residents. Go to admittance fee page.
- General Building Hours
- Monday-Friday, 5 am - 10 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 7 am - 6 pm
- Pool Hours
- Lap Pool
- Monday-Friday, 5 am - 9:30 pm
- Saturday/Sunday, 7 am - 5:30 pm
- Leisure Pool
- Monday-Friday, 9 am - 9:30 pm
- Saturday/Sunday, 9 am - 5:30 pm
- No slides/water features on during swim lessons and some fitness classes. Slides open at 10am daily. Check lesson schedule for class times.
- Lap Pool
- Babysitting Room Hours
Parent/guardian must be in the facility. Rates: $2.50/hr with 1/2 hour minimum, 2 hour maximum. $50 for 20 hour passcard. Included with Family Annual and Monthly Passes. Hours subject to change. Ages 6 months to 7 years.
- Monday-Friday, 8 am - 1:30 pm
- Monday-Friday, 4 pm - 8 pm
- Saturday, 8 am - 1 pm
- Sunday, 8:30 am - 1 pm
- Climbing Wall Hours
Signed waiver required. Those under 18 must have waiver signed by parent/guardian. Youth 8 years and under must climb with parent/guardian present. Closed toe climbing shoes or tennis shoes required. No minimum age. Must safely fit into city harness (staff discretion). Wall may be closed during class time
- Monday-Friday 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Saturday/Sunday 10 am - 4 pm
- Cafe Hours
- Monday-Friday, 5:15 pm - 8:15 pm
- Saturday/Sunday, 12:15 pm - 5:45 pm
- Vending Machines also available
- Skate Park Hours
- Sunrise to Sunset, weather permitting
- Modified Hours and Closure Dates
- Annual Maintenance Closure, Aug. 24 - 31
- Sept. 1 - Labor Day, 10 am - 4 pm
- Nov. 27 - Thanksgiving, Closed
- Dec. 24 and 31, 5 am - 3 pm
- Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, Closed
The Longmont Recreation Center offers a wide range of land fitness and water fitness classes throughout the week. Updated fitness schedules are available for pick up at the Longmont Recreation Center or for viewing and download on the fitness page.
Longmont Recreation Center hosts birthday parties for individuals of all ages. Rent out the party room or climbing wall or both! General admission and use of the facility- such as the pool and gymnasium-- is included for up to 10 individuals, including adults.
$70 per party. For groups larger than 10, an additional group rate will be applied for up to 20 people.
Fee is due at time of booking. Cancellation fee is $5.00 if you cancel 7 or more days prior to the event. If you cancel less than 7 days prior, you will receive half your rental fee minus the $5.00 cancellation fee.
Room rental includes tables and chairs along with use of the pool, gym and climbing wall (when open) before and/or after the room rental. If you prefer, a dedicated hour of climbing wall time can be arranged for an additional charge of $25/hour for every 10 children. Climbing wall birthday party reservations are not available during climbing class and/or open climbing wall times. Climbing Wall Party Packet Information must be completed and turned in on party day: all parents/guardians must sign the climbing wall waiver for party participants.
Longmont Recreation Center Facility Features:
- Lap Pool: 6 lanes, 25 yards. Deep end with diving board. Basketball hoop
- Leisure Pool: Lazy River, Tube Slide, Body Slide, Tree Slide, zero depth entry, Water Fall, Fountains, Tot area and more. The slides open daily at 10 am. Diving boards, basketball hoop, water slides, lazy river and spray amenities are turned off during swim lesson times.
- Gymnasium: 3 court basketball with retractable dividing screens, multiple volleyball setups, badminton, and center court with bleacher setup available.
- Fitness Area: 3 lane 0.1 mile track, rowers, steppers, treadmills, bikes, elliptical's, 14 selectorized machines, incline/decline/flat benches, smith and squat racks, cable crossover, free weights, seated calf, sled, back extension, mats and fit balls.
- Aerobics Room: Large suspended wood floor, Ballet Bars, hand weights, bands, fit balls, body bars, heavy bag, 17 indoor cycling bikes, 24 steps and yoga mats.
- Weight Room: The weight room is available during our open facility hours. Ages 13 and under are not allowed in the weight room or on the track. Ages 14 and 15 are allowed in the weight room with an adult, or a City of Longmont weight room orientation card.
- Climbing Wall: A 30 foot wall built by Eldorado Wall Company; the area equals 1,000 square feet in climbing space. 2 floors high, 5 ropes, overhangs, traverses, easy and difficult routes, padded dismount floor with floor anchors. Bouldering line up to 12 feet. Routes for different ability levels ranging from 5.6 to 5.12+, changed regularly. Climbing staff on site at designated open hours for guidance and safety. Helmets and harnesses, belay devices and lead climbing equipment provided by the center. If you choose to use your own equipment, it must be pre-checked by staff. You must use the centers belay devices
- Private Parties at the Climbing Wall or private instruction: general admission additional
1st hour, 1 instructor, 1-10 people $25: 1st hour, 2 instructors, 11-20 people $50
each additional hour - $25 per instructor
- Temperatures: At the Longmont Recreation Center the lap pool is 81 degrees; the leisure pool is 86 degrees. The steam room is 112 degrees, the Sauna 150 degrees and the spa 102 degrees.