IMPORTANT NOTICE: Mosquito Control Spray Notice for the Week of September 1, 2014
No spraying is scheduled this week.
| Citywide Map
| Ute Creek, County Line Road
|Venice Street, 15th Avenue, Coffman Street, 10th Avenue||LM-09|
|Spencer Street, 24th Avenue,Francis Street, 17th Avenue||LM-10|
|Airport Road, HWY 66, Lakepark Drive, McIntosh Lake||LM-17|
|Airport Road, Baylor Drive, Princeton Drive, Fordham Street, 9th Avenue||LM-18|
|Great Western Drive, HWY 119||LM-22|
|County Line Road, Union Reservoir||LM-23|
|County Line Road||LM-27|
|1st Avenue, 3rd Avenue, Nelson Road||LM-28|
|95th Street, Pike Road||LM-31|
|Grandview Meadows Drive, Nelson Road, Clover Basin Drive||LM-34|
|Collyer Street, 17th Avenue, Alpine Street, Mountain View Avenue||LM-40|
|Collyer Street, 21st Avenue, Alpine Street, 17th Avenue||LM-41|
|Hover Street,1st Avenue, Boston Avenue||LM-42|
|Alpine Street, Mountain View Avenue, 9th Avenue||LM-43|
|Clover Basin Drive, Airport Road, Glenneyre Drive, Renaissance Drive, Pike Road||LM-44|
View a video (below) from last season that helps outline the importance of prevention and protection, as well as the City's efforts to control the spread of West Nile Virus.
Mosquito Control Strategy
The City of Longmont has contracted with Colorado Mosquito Control (CMC) to implement an "integrated pest management program" to combat mosquitoes that might carry the West Nile Virus. This program focuses on first attacking mosquitoes in their larval stage before they become airborne. This is the best method since it eliminates mosquitoes before they hatch. This method also minimizes fogging to kill the adult, airborne bugs. However, some localized spraying might be necessary. The Boulder County Mosquito Control District spray schedule is published every Tuesday in the Boulder Daily Camera and Longmont Times-Call. The City of Longmont Spray Schedule appears every Tuesday in the Longmont Times-Call in conjunction with the Boulder County Mosquito Control Program ad.
- See weekly trap reports from Colorado Mosquito Control
- Call Notification & Shutoff Request Form from Colorado Mosquito Control - This form allows an individual to be added to their Call Notification or Shutoff List in case of spraying.
- To report problem areas in your neighborhood or to be notified of the spraying schedule call Colorado Mosquito Control at (303) 558-8730.
The City of Longmont offers an email alert system that will provides customers with up-to-date information on a variety of topics including West Nile Virus. If you have an e-mail account at home or work, you will be able to take advantage of notices sent directly to your e-mail address. Go to the eNotification subscription page now to sign-up and choose the type of news you would like to receive.
Practice the 4 D's of Prevention!
- Use Deet or an alternative;
- Dress in long sleeves and pants;
- Avoid Dusk until Dawn; and
- Drain standing water.
- City of Longmont West Nile Virus Hotline - Dial (303) 774-4370, access message number #1209 in English or message number #2209 in Spanish.
- State Department of Public Health and Environment's West Nile virus information hotline (303) 692-2799
- For information in Boulder County, contact the Boulder County Health Department at 303-441-1564 or communicable diseases at (303) 413-7500
- Colorado Mosquito Control (303) 558-8730
Links to More Information
- Boulder County West Nile Website
- Fight The Bite Website - State wide website regarding West Nile Virus Prevention Program
- State of Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Information on West Nile Virus
- Federal - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); West Nile Virus video from CDC